The AirSelect Standard walking boot offers a moderate level of support and Aircast’s quality, effectiveness and comfort in an economical model. The main indications for the Standard are:
- Stable fracture of foot/ankle/lower leg
- Severe ankle sprain
- Post-operative immobilization
The Standard has a durable, semi-rigid shell that supports the limb while providing protection. Housed within the shell are two adjustable distal aircells that provide compression and support the malleoli. SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the light weight and rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait and a continuation of everyday activities.
Features & Benefits
- Customizable, independent aircells (NO separate hand bulb). Integrated inflation system puts the user in control for an individualized fit
- Non-marking, skid resistant rubber tread. For greater traction and longer wear.
- Removal of heel pain. SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates the energy during heel strike,
- Low profile rocker sole
- Custom and comfortable fit. Trimmable and heat moldable semi-rigid shell. Sleek, open-frame design provides ventilation and patient protection and compliance. Shell contours around the malleoli, for sustained comfort. AirSelect boots have improved width around the ankle area as well as uniformed sizing throughout the various sizes of the boot (XS-XL)
- Ease of application. Three-strap system evenly disperses pressure. Integrated inflation system is intuitive and permits quick and easy customization of each aircell
Do not over-inflate aircells. Improper aircell inflation may cause significant skin irritation, especially in people with diabetic neuropathy (a diabetic nerve condition). Check your skin frequently for “hot spots” and skin irritation. If you see any skin changes or feelings of discomfort, reduce the aircell compression. Do not use this device if you cannot feel sensations whether due to post-op anesthesia, nerve, skin or other conditions. Use caution when walking on slippery or wet surfaces to avoid injury.
Yes you can wear the boot on either foot
That is available as a liner and insole kit if you call DJO direct at 800-336-6569. The cost is $24.11
The depth of the sole of the boot is approximatly 1.5". we also have a product that you can purchase for your opposite shoe called the Procare EvenUp. https://www.donjoystore.com/procare-evenup-shoe-balancer
|Size||Men Shoe Size||Women Shoe Size|
|Pediatric||Up to 4||Up to 5|