Is the XP Walking Brace right for me?
Ideal for those recovering from foot and/or ankle fractures and managing edema. Try our Brace Advisor for personalized product recommendations to meet your needs!
The XP Walker (Pneumatic) provides pneumatic support with Aircast full shell protection and is available in 5 sizes (pediatric, small, medium, large and X-large). Foam-filled aircells cushion the ankle for customized comfort and support. This support is effective in managing edema and fracture healing. This new design is made for a regular and X-wide width foot. Includes two socks and hand bulb. Can be used with Brake-Lok System.
- Stable fracture of foot/ankle/lower leg
- A semi-rigid shell to provide the protection formerly expected only from a cast
- A rocker sole to reduce plantar pressures
- Custom-inflated aircells to maintain total limb contact for stability
- Pulsating, graduated compression to help reduce edema and promote callus formation
- Multi-aircell support for graduated, pulsating compression
- Custom inflated aircells for individual fit and support
- Lightweight design: rigid foot, flexible around calf for strength, fit and comfort
- Full shell protection. Low profile for natural gait
- Sealed-air cushioned heel
Do not overinflate aircells. Improper aircell inflation may cause significant skin irritation in patients with diabetic neuropathy. Reduce aircell compression with any visual skin changes or reported discomfort. Do not use this device on patients incapable of communicating physical discomfort. Like all lower extremity immobilizers, such as casts or braces, patients without sensation (i.e. post-op anesthesia, neuropathies, etc.) should be monitored frequently for “hot spots”, skin irritation or wound management. Use caution when walking on slippery or wet surfaces to avoid injury. At high altitudes the aircells will expand beyond their optimal level. Adjust aircell pressure by tightening or loosening straps.
Aside from that difference the braces are identical and can treat or address the following indications:
Stable fracture of foot/ankle/lower leg
Severe ankle sprain (grade III)
|Size||Men Shoe Size||Women Shoe Size|
|Pediatric||Up to 4||Up to 5|