Back Braces Help Provide Relief for Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common ailments suffered by many people. Eight out of ten people will suffer back pain at least once in their lives.
Whether you are working at a desk, participating in sports, or doing heavy lifting, you are at risk of injuring your back. Simple tasks like gardening, filing, or even cleaning can lead to pain in the back because people often forget to take the precaution of bending at the knees and lifting with their legs.
Lifting incorrectly is one of the most common causes of back pain, which can be prevented. The best way is to bend your legs and keep your back straight when you lift something heavy.
Other Causes of Back Pain
- Heredity: investigate if chronic back pain runs in the family.
- Getting older increases risks.
- Sports like running and cycling.
- Falls causing trauma to the back.
- Pregnancy or postpartum.
- Poor posture.
- Overuse, such as repetitive motion.
- Work around the house or in the garden.
Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- Cold Therapy: Applying ice to your back where it hurts can help reduce any inflammation or swelling you may have from your injury.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Over-the-counter Ibuprofen can also help with inflammation.
- Rest: Take a break from physical activities or any activity that is causing your pain.
- Stretch: Stretch your back frequently to keep the muscles loose and limber. This can help prevent strained muscles.
- Strengthen: Build up your back and core muscles for stability so that you will be able to support your body.
- Support: Stabilize your back with a back brace.
To avoid back pain and injuries, wearing back braces and supports can help. Many products are available on the market to suit a variety of back injuries.
Solutions for Back Pain ReliefView All Back Braces
- View DetailsStaff Favorite$36.31On Sale 0% Off Save $0.00(47) ReviewsComfortable pain relieving support. Unisex.
- View DetailsBest SellerSpecial Price $56.69 Regular Price $90.99On Sale 38% Off Save $34.30(4) ReviewsFour robust upright stays help protect the back against strains and pulls
- View Details$80.75On Sale 0% Off Save $0.00(27) ReviewsConstructed with panel elastic and soft cotton type lining for patient comfort.
- View Details$118.99On Sale 0% Off Save $0.00Designed to provide continuous cold therapy to the back
Back Support Breakdown
A variety of lower back supports are designed to alleviate pain after surgery, give abdominal support and maintain stability for proper healing. Lower back braces also help provide compression to help manage pain.
Some back supports are designed to be worn for everyday activities. These are good for people with back weakness heredity or chronic pain.
Industrial workers can buy back braces specially designed for their line of work, keeping the back cool while providing full back support.
Pregnant or Postpartum
Fortunately, pregnant women can find maternity belts that help support their backs at the end of the pregnancy when the weight is not distributed evenly. Postpartum abdominal binders are also available to help provided added support after giving birth like the Procare Premium Panel Elastic Binder or the DonJoy Elastic Abdominal Support.
Clavicle posture supports and upper back supports are also offered to prevent muscle strains and stretching.
Of course, only a health care professional can prescribe a post-op support product, but anyone can wear a brace for any type of support if deemed reasonable and useful.
We all know that prevention is the best medicine. Everyone with common sense and a good deal of judgement can determine if they need a back brace to stay away from back injuries when cycling, gardening, moving heavy furniture or whichever activity demands a certain amount of back strength. Let’s all be careful.